For introduction here are some of the best images from Australia (the smiley over great landscapes), India (over Delhi's Old Fort), Austria (with the Jovian moons visible and - scroll down!!! - a superb video of occultation ingress while this report was online superfast) and the U.S. (with a striking timelapse widefield video). There was also a successful webcast from Cornwall. More images:
- The day before a German photographer captured the trio with some roe deer(!); when dusk reached the U.S. the Moon was closer again.
- On December 1st Australia was greeted by above-mentioned smiley face in the sky: a big picture with the Galilean moons, more and more widefield views and experiences.
- In India the smiley was still present over battered Mumbai (from there more pics), a constellation much photographed (more and more scenic views).
- Despite ugly weather predictions, in Germany a number of people were successful (more, more, more, more and more results) as were many in Austria (very scenic shots; here are more, more, more and more results).
- In the U.S. the constellation was imaged even in daylight and then in dark skies (again with the Galilean moons); more, more, more, more and more pictures and impressions.